This Privacy Notice explains what personal information (data) about you we, Human Story Theatre, will hold, how we collect it, and how we will use that information. We are required to notify you of this under data protection legislation. Please ensure that you read this Notice and any other similar Notice we may provide to you from time to time when we collect or process personal information about you.
Human Story Theatre, a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO), registered charity number 1173504. Human Story Theatre’s principal office is at 70 Abingdon Road, Standlake, Witney, Oxfordshire, OX29 7RQ.
Our Data Protection Officer is Keith Martin, CEO. He can be contacted by email at email@example.com or by letter at Human Story Theatre, 70 Abingdon Road, Standlake, Witney, Oxfordshire, OX29 7RQ.
Data protection principles
We will comply with the data protection principles when gathering and using personal information, as set out in our data protection policy.
What information is collected
We may collect the following information about you:
- Organisation and job title (if relevant)
- Contact information, including email address, telephone number
- Website and social media addresses (if relevant)
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Usage of our website.
How personal information is collected
We collect information about you when you contact us.
We also collect information from you if you voluntarily complete surveys and provide feedback.
Using your personal information
Personal Information you supply to us may be used in a number of ways, for example:
- To contact you to provide information about Human Story Theatre
- To verify your identity
- In keeping records of the work we have done
- To improve the work we do
- To send you promotional emails about the work we do, if you so wish.
We do not use your personal information for automated decision making.
We would like to send you information about products and services which may be of interest to you. If you consent to being sent such information, you will be free to opt out at any time in the future.
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you will see one or more tick boxes allowing you to:
- Opt in to receive marketing communications from us by email, telephone, text message or post
- Opt in to receive marketing communications from our third-party partners by email, telephone,text message or post.If you consented to our using your information for marketing purposes, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by the following means:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to us at Human Story Theatre, 70 Abingdon Road, Standlake, Witney, Oxfordshire, OX29 7RQ.
We will not share your information for marketing purposes with any other organisation without your consent.
Legal basis for using your personal information
We will rely on your consent, if given, to our using your information for marketing purposes.
Access to your personal information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. There is no charge for such a request.
If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email email@example.com or write to us at Human Story Theatre, 70 Abingdon Road, Standlake, Witney, Oxfordshire, OX29 7RQ.
You have the right to ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
You may ask us to transfer your personal information to another organisation where feasible. The period for which your personal information will be stored
Information may be held in computer and manual files. We only retain the information for as long as it is necessary to carry out our work or as required to be kept by law.
If you have any complaint or concern over how your personal information has been or may be used, please contact our Data Protection Officer.
You may also complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Their telephone number is 0303 123 1113 and their website is www.ico.org.uk.
Changes to this notice
We may change this privacy notice from time to time. If you use our website regularly, please visit this page regularly to check this notice.